NOTE: 5% of all Online Flooring Store sales during January and February 2020 will be donated to various bushfire appeals.
Since beginning in late July 2019, the worst wildfires in decades have been ravaging large swaths of Australia.
Nationwide, at least 28 people have perished. In NSW alone, over 3,000 homes have been damaged or destroyed. Even with firefighting assistance from other countries such as New Zealand, the United States, and Canada, federal and State authorities are still facing a daunting battle against the raging blazes.
At the Online Flooring Store, our hearts are broken for all of those affected by the fires and for this beautiful land we know as home.
Because of this, 5% of all sales in the months of January and February will be donated to a variety of organisations helping to fight the bushfires and assisting families that have been affected.
We cherish this land, our fellow Australians, and the beautiful animals that call Australia home. We hope our contribution will play a role in getting these fires under control and helping people and animals to recover from the devastating effects of the blazes.
What Have the Fires Damaged So Far?
Across Australia’s six states, over 7.3 million hectares (17.9 million acres) have been burned. This area is larger than the countries of Denmark and Belgium combined. 4.9 million hectares (12.1 million acres) have been burned in New South Wales alone.
How Many Animals Have Died?
The fires across New South Wales are estimated to have affected about half a billion animals, with millions likely dead. In total, that number of animals affected could end up as high as one billion according to the University of Sydney ecologists.
In New South Wales, almost a third of koalas have perished and a third of their habitat has been completely destroyed.
How Can I Help?
In addition to 5% of our sales being donated, you can personally donate to a number of organisations.
If you wish to donate along with our team at The Online Flooring Store, we thank you for joining us in our effort to help our land, our firefighters, our animals, and our people.
We compiled a list of wonderful organisations to consider helping:
- RFS – https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/assistance-bushfire-affected-communities
- QLD RFB – https://www.rfbaq.org/donate-to-rfbaq
- SA CFS – https://cfsfoundation.org.au/donate
- VIC CFA – https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/about/supporting-cfa
- WA DFES – https://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/contactus/Pages/Donations.aspx
Wildlife and Animal Rescues
- WIRES – https://www.wires.org.au/donate/now
- Sydney Wildlife Mobile Vet Van – https://www.gofundme.com/f/22abqws
- FAWNA #food4wildlife –https://www.givenow.com.au/fawna/
- Bargo Dingo Sanctuary – https://dingosanctuarybargo.com.au/donation-type/donation/
- Wildlife Rescue South Coast – https://www.wildlife-rescue.org.au/
- Shoalhaven Bat Clinic and Sanctuary – https://shoalhaven-bat-clinic-sanctuary.giveeasy.org/we-nee
People and Homes
- Australian Red Cross – https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/drr
- Salvation Army Emergency Services – https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/donate/make-a-donation/donate-online/?appeal=rsain
- Foodbank – https://www.foodbank.org.au/
- Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund – https://www.gerf.org.au/donate/
A Heartfelt Thank You
We thank you for being our customers and for helping us to preserve this beloved land we call home. Also, a huge thank you to all the firefighters putting their lives on the line to fight these fires!