If you have been doing research on new flooring lately, chances are you have come across an increasingly popular option: Hybrid Flooring. Although relatively new, a wide variety of hybrid flooring options are already available, featuring an extensive range of colours and patterns.
If you have not heard of hybrid flooring before, you may be wondering why it is gaining popularity so quickly. Read on to find what hybrid flooring is, the benefits of hybrid flooring, and what kind of options are offered.
What Is Hybrid Flooring?
Hybrid flooring combines the best technical aspects of luxury vinyl planks and laminate flooring to create a rigid, durable option that is both beautiful and functional. Although it offers the look and feel of timber, it is waterproof and low maintenance.
Benefits of Hybrid Flooring
Along with its beautiful appearance, hybrid flooring offers a host of benefits:
- Waterproof – Perhaps the biggest advantage of hybrid flooring is the fact that it is waterproof. This makes it excellent for residential and commercial applications alike. Imagine not having to rush for a towel any time you spill something on the floor! These floors can be installed either above or below grade, and are popular in bathrooms, toilets and laundries.
- DIY Installation – With the same tongue and groove click-locking technology found in luxury vinyl planks and other laminates, hybrid flooring is user-friendly and can be installed with minimal equipment.
- Aesthetic Appeal – Formulated with special technology that creates edges and textures that mimic the look and feel of traditional timber, hybrid flooring offers the stunning visual appeal without the maintenance of hardwood floors.
- Durable – If you have kids, pets, or a busy home, you know firsthand how important durability is! Hybrid flooring features a rigid core topped with a coating of laminate. This makes hybrid floors resistant to dents, stains, scratches, and even UV light, ensuring excellent protection against foot traffic, daily wear, pets, and kids.
- Sound – As opposed to laminates or timber options that have a somewhat hollow sound when you walk on them, hybrid flooring features rigid core technology. This special construction helps create a solid step that produces less sound. With acoustic underlayment, the sound will be even lighter.
- Easy Care and Cleaning – While some flooring requires special products or equipment for cleaning, hybrid flooring is simple! All you need to keep your hybrid flooring beautiful is regular sweeping or vacuuming, weekly deep cleaning, and spot cleaning as needed. No need for special waxes or polishes — a damp mop will do.
- Open-Concept Friendly – With the popularity of open concept homes, hybrid flooring fits right in. The seamless look of a single type of flooring featured throughout the home creates a synchronous feel.
- Comfort – Thanks to its dense, thick rigid core construction, hybrid vinyl flooring offers excellent comfort. If you choose flooring with an attached underlayment or place an underlayment beneath your floors, this will offer further cushioning and sound absorption.
- Commercial Applications – Hybrid flooring makes an ideal choice for commercial spaces. Along with being waterproof, hybrid flooring boasts the durability and stain resistance needed to keep up with the heavy foot traffic often seen in busy spaces.
Choosing Hybrid Flooring For Your Space
Along with hybrid flooring’s low maintenance, high-quality, waterproof nature, and lovely appearance, you can find a wide variety of colours and patterns to coordinate with your space. Given the number of tones and styles, the biggest problem with hybrid flooring may be choosing which style you like most!
One of our most popular options — Aspire Hybrid Flooring — represent the latest technology in flooring manufacturing. Comprised of rigid composite core board, this premium flooring boasts unmatched stability and function not commonly found in luxury vinyl tile products.
In addition to being highly durable, stable, and waterproof, Aspire Hybrids are available in a wide-range of styles and colours to fit the desired appeal and atmosphere of your home or commercial space.
Contact us if you have any questions about hybrid flooring or one of the many other flooring options we offer.
With hybrid vinyl floors, you will be able to enjoy waterproof, resilient flooring that is as stylish as it is functional.
At Online Flooring Store, we offer nothing but the highest quality hybrid flooring to ensure your space is appealing and matched with your needs.